Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bike to Work

I decided that I'm going to ride my bike to work. Everyday it's a 10 mile round trip on my tank which equals out to roughly $40 per month just going to and from work. I plan on leaving fairly early (6-6:30am) for a few reasons: 1) not as much traffic so it should be safer, 2) the temperature will be cooler, and 3) I can travel at a leisurely pace reducing the amount of sweating that is going to occur. I will also leave the office early so I can beat the rush hour traffic.



I have yet to figure out a few other logistical items, such as leaving a change of clothing at the office, how to transport my laptop safely, and where I can secure my bike for the day. Any suggestions?



That $40 every month will be going towards Destination #3 on the Crown Financial Money Map (http://www.crown.org/) and will specifically contribute to paying off my wife's car. Once that is complete (hopefully in September of this year) we will begin to tackle the small school loan I have outstanding with my grandparents. That may be paid in one swell swoop with a bonus I'm expecting late september. But we'll see, I'm planning on worse case which is no bonus, just to be safe.



Cheers.

-Aaron Aiken



Sent from my Crackberry

No comments: